Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Perfect endings...

Last Saturday was supposed to be THE night. All my girls got together for dinner and the idea was to go out afterwards. But as those plans go....
We had something to nibble before some homemade cannelloni were dished up. The recipe was one of Jamie Oliver's that I have also used myself. They were so delicious. Over wine we got to talking and time seemed to fly.
For desert I had made the Pioneer Woman's Lemon Olive Oil& Thyme cakes and they were so nice.

The simple lemon, butter and powder sugar frosting gave the otherwise fluffy cakes the perfect amount of texture. Although I did make about a third less than in the recipe, it was the perfect amount. I probably under baked these beauties a little. But I have no regrets as there is nothing I like less than a too dry cake... These were perfect.

I will certainly make them again, but am thinking of something to substitute the thyme. I personally liked them but some (like my mother) would prefer something less "edgy"...

PS: Of course not one of us set foot into a club that night... In the end we were all just yearning to go home. Are we getting old? :-)

No comments: