Friday, January 15, 2010

Blog greenhorn mistake #1

Forgetting to take pictures....

I tried out a new recipe yesterday evening with (excuse my bragging) fantastic results. But in the heat of the moment/my hunger/the delicious smells I forgot to pull out my camera and take a couple of mandatory shots before everyone dug in.

So you only have my description to go by, but it was a winner.
The recipe was based on one from Bill Grangers Every Day and really only takes a couple of minutes to assemble.

For two people you take a can of white cannellini beans
a good handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
half a garlic clove, sliced
half a small red onion, finely sliced
a good pinch of chili flakes
a good pinch of dried oregano
salt
pepper
and a couple of Tbsps of olive oil
Toss these ingredients together and roast in a 200°C oven for 25 minutes covered loosely with foil and another additional 5-10 minutes without the foil.
I served with a sliced sirloin steak (seasoned and medium well done) and some salad....

No comments: