Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chicken Wings update: Favorite marinade

Making something good even better....

Julia and I were in a bit of a pinch you see. We were in a new apartment with a kitchen equipped with shall we say, the barest of bones. All joking aside, we didn't have all of the knickknacks my lazy self is used to. But in this case it was definitely a blessing in disguise!

We were really craving some chicken wings, like we had last time see here
This recipe is kind of a simplified improvisation that we in fact like better than the original... Who knew?

This has seriously become my favorite marinade to put on any piece of bone-in chicken. Give it a go!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced/grated/chopped as finely as possible
1 heaped teaspoon of honey
a squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar
tabasco or chili to taste

Stir all the ingredients together and give it a taste. The sweet, salty, tangy and spicy should balance each other. Adjust quantities accordingly if necessary.
As you can see in the photo below I used it on thighs. I guess you could use it on pretty much any piece you want. I love it with rice and a side of fried and steamed greens if I want to be slightly healthier... 

3 comments:

Tina said...

naammmy, this might actually one day become my favorite dish........!

Tina said...

Why on earth do I have to type ridiculous unreadable letters each time I want to simply comment on these wonderful cookingideas........it's annoying, I don't get it!

Laura said...

Tina, this has certainly made my top five favorites.
The unreadable letters was a spam protection. I have now turn it off for you convenience. Thank you for taking the time to comment anyway.