Sunday, June 24, 2012

Prosciutti with grilled apricots

I love the combination of prosciutto with melon. But recently a picture on the internet got me thinking about combining it with apricots... This is what I came up with.

The one thing I really like in this combo is the sourness that the apricots also have. Give it a try.
I had them warm from the oven, but I think they would be really nice cooled down too.

Ingredients:
Apricots
Olive oil
Fleur de sel or plain salt
Thyme, leaves picked and finely chopped

Preheat your oven grill to maximum heat.
Halve, de-stone the apricots and place them in an oven proof dish. Sprinke or brush with a little of your finest olive oil, sprinkle with the fleur de sel and chopped thyme.
Place under the grill and wait until the tops are slightly broiled.

Serve with your prosciutto, some salad and I had a little mozzarella to go with it.

No comments: